The days are getting longer, and the warm weather is spreading coast to coast.
For Aussie truckers, the arrival of summer means doing everything to keep cool and stay hydrated.
As the temps climb into the 30s and 40s, maintaining your cab’s freshness becomes an around-the-clock challenge.
Hitting the road for hours on end, the last thing you want are unpleasant cab odours.
You see, it’s scientifically proven that hot weather makes things smell worse!
The reason: heat acts as an accelerant.
When the temperature goes up, bacteria grow faster. Odour-causing molecules shift from liquid to vapour form and spread like wildfire. And that’s not the worst of it. Humidity makes a bad smell into a shocker.
We’ve all heard the expression, ‘smells like a wet dog’. That’s nothing against man’s best friend. It just means when there’s moisture in the air, odour-causing molecules get trapped and stick around longer.
Sure, it’s not particularly pleasant stuff, but the good news is there’s plenty you can do to keep cab smells under control.
Here are our top tips for keeping your truck cab smelling fresh over the summer months:
- Wipe down surfaces to remove the layers of grit and sweat that contribute to odours
- Vacuum your cab interior to remove food and debris.
- Use an antibacterial neutralising spray to destroy odour-causing germs.
- Use a professional grade fragrance spray developed specifically for trucks.
- Hang an air freshener in your cab to maintain a pleasant year-round aroma.
The Death Scentance air freshener is the ideal gift for every Aussie trucker. Start slaying those unwanted truck smells and order your Death Scentance soon!